PETITION TO THE CITY OF VIRGINIA BEACH
City of Virginia Beach Regulations Regarding
The Operation of Low Speed Golf Carts on a City Roadway
Golf Cart Operations on City Roadways Shall Conform to the Following Requirements:
(1) No person shall operate a golf cart on a City roadway unless the roadway is designated for golf cart operations and is posted with approved signs. The designated neighborhood organization will be responsible for all expenses associated with the installation and the maintenance of the designated signs and locations. The signs must be approved by Traffic Engineering.
(2) No golf cart shall be driven on or across any City roadway that is not approved by Traffic Engineering and that has been sanctioned by an approved signed petition.
(3) No person shall operate a golf cart on any designated City roadway unless he is an insured driver and has in his possession a valid driver license.
(4) No golf cart shall be operated on any designated City roadway without properly displaying a slow-moving vehicle emblem in conformity with Virginia Code Section 46.2-1081 (Orange Triangle on rear of cart).
(5) No person shall operate any golf cart on any designated City roadway between sunset and sunrise, unless the golf cart is equipped with headlights and rear lights.
(6) No person shall operate any golf cart on any designated City roadway unless the golf cart is equipped with a rearview mirror and a warning devise such as a horn.
(7) No person shall operate a golf cart on any designated City roadway in violation of any local and federal regulations, or in a reckless manner in such a way as to create a risk of injury to any person or damage to property.
(8) No person shall operate a golf cart on any designated City roadway which does not conform to the standard specifications of their particular model of golf cart. No golf carts with high performance modifications will be allowed on City roadways.
9) No person shall operate a golf cart on any designated City roadway where there are more people on any seat than the golf cart is designed to carry or in areas that are not designated for passengers. (No person shall ride on the fenders, bumpers, roof, and storage compartments, etc.)